EP12| Dr Rachel Reed – Instinctive & Physiological Birth
In this episode, we meet Dr Rachel Reed.
Dr Rachel Reed is a Senior Lecturer and Discipline Lead in Midwifery at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
She has practised midwifery in a range of models and settings in the United Kingdom and Australia.
Rachel is a writer, presenter and researcher who focuses on physiological birth, midwifery practice and women’s rights (and rites).
She has been invited to speak at national and international events and has published widely.
This episode is not to be missed if you are planning on having a natural, vaginal birth or undisturbed birth!!
cheap modafinil australia We talked about:
- What an instinctive birth is & the benefits to mother and baby
- How instinctive birth supports a woman to birth vaginally
- The hormones that support our natural birthing process
- How many health care professionals see women’s bodies as pathological (meaning they have a problem that needs fixing) rather than seeing pregnancy and birth as a natural and normal part of a human’s journey.
- The differences between a VBAC labour and a non-VBAC from a care provider/support perspective
And much much more!
Listen to this episode to find out more about how you can have an instinctive birth & the many benefits!
Journey into Motherhood Program – Support you deserve
067c6b4cff394ad0c51a18b5dd1f57a3 Want support finding your voice, confidence & be supported during your VBAC journey check out this online community with pregnant & new mothers – Journey into Motherhood – Find out more here!
Join our free Facebook Support Group HERE!
Share your VBAC Homebirth Story!
Want to share your birth stories to the VBAC Homebirth Stories Podcast? CLICK HERE NOW!